Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Play Store on my notebooks

I will have the brightness turned all the way up on my Chromebooks and then when I shut them down and then turn them back on their brightness is set to 75% each and every time. I thought maybe this was a power setting mode but I don't know just annoying that's all no big deal. 

I have disabled Play Store on my notebooks After months of bug reporting, resetting and so on,. I have no need for that because I found it to use more of Pentium resources and also for example YouTube and Play Music are so much better when used from Chrome browser. So much more FREE RAM and SPEED when store is disabled. 

Holding the Google Pixelbook as a tablet for prolonged periods can be a bit uncomfortable.  It's still fairly heavy compared to true tablets, adding a feature at the expense of another feature can't be overlooked. If I wasn't taking advantage of Supervised Profiles, I'd probably take a similar outlook as you do. But as it stands, this kind of practice is business as usual with Google.

It's apparently a default CrOS setting. I generally just set my sleep to disconnect from wifi and leave in sleep mode when closing the lid. I can set both screen and keyboard brightness, and it stays there until a reboot. turns out it was trying to download an update while I was using it. I went to setting and manually downloaded the update, waited until it was finished. Upon restart, I had the same issues and decided to do a Power wash.

To be fair, the majority of that post comes from the viewpoint of a Pixel book , which is set to run everything. Most newer ones might be able to do some of those things, but not all and cost as much as mid-range machines with a desktop OS. Then there's the new models that are hit and miss while being within the budget for the vast majority of consumers.

 I just never noticed because I never use the launcher, though my Chromebook is my daily driver. did a wallow all and I had to reinstall. I'm back on the stable branch, with the bug, It logs right into Google.  Thank you for the heads up.  Have you ever used Windows 10 ?  You know how the mouse cursor would become erratic.  That meant you might be infected well mine is.  it's not the mouse as it is brand new and I used it on another computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment